Date(s) - Saturday, February 17
4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Oak Grove School
Power, Gender, and Writing New Rules for the American Workplace.
In 2017, a group of courageous women and men stepped forward to talk about their experiences as victims of sexual harassment and assault. The overwhelming public and media response has led to a broad societal understanding that we must take immediate and aggressive steps to confront this widespread problem.
Join Moderators Cecile Ablackus and Dan Schnur as they convene a panel of academic, professional and media experts to discuss the legal, political, social and cultural challenges of building consensus toward a new set of answers. Panelists include:
* Shakari Byerly, Vice President at FM3
* Ana Cubas, founder of the South Los Angeles Political Action Committee and the Latina Public Service Academy
* Ted Johnson, a Senior Editor at Variety
* Cinny Kennard, Executive Director at The Annenberg Foundation
* Tom Krause, President of the Ojai Chautauqua Committee
The purpose of the Ojai Chautauqua is to engage Ventura County in civil discourse about controversial and highly passionate subjects. Civil discourse is dangerously absent from all aspects of contemporary life. The result of this failing is not only sad… it is dangerous. If we can develop this essential ability, we can begin to affect a positive change to many aspects of life that can extend far and wide.