Date(s) - Wednesday, May 16
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Santa Barbara Public Library
Held in the Faulkner Gallery.
The League of Women Voters of Santa Barbara May Forum will provide information around California’s community college system, their role in education, and their future. In 2016 the League of Women Voters of California finished its Study of Higher Education, which dealt with widespread criticism of the failure of California’s three-tiered system (of Community Colleges, State Universities and UC campuses) to meet the demand for more students ready to join the job market with Baccalaureate degree in hand. The study was in line with both the League’s strong general support of public education and especially of the community colleges.
The panelists are:
● Dr. Anthony Beebe, SBCC President
● Geoff Green, Chief Executive Officer, SBCC Foundation
● Melissa Moreno, Interim Vice-President, School of Extended Learning
● Professor Matthew Mooney, Chair, SBCC History Department
● David Panbehchi, Student Member, SBCC Board of Trustees
● Krystie Farmer: Student Leader
Moderated by Bill Marks, Chairman, LWVSB Education Committee & Forum.
The public is invited to bring questions for the panelists to answer.
The May Forum is co-sponsored by the LWVSB Education Fund, the Santa Barbara Public Library and filmed by TVSB for live streaming to our Facebook Page @LWVSB and continued showing on the TVSB website. Sound is provided by Gary Atkins Sound Systems. Spanish translation provided by Transilpro.