Indivisible Santa Barbara
Steering Committee 2018-2019
Indivisible Santa Barbara (ISB) is a local, grassroots organization that supports and initiates activities to promote public awareness and engagement in local, state and national issues. It is committed to being a pragmatic advocate for positive change in our politics as well as providing a strong voice in opposition to the extreme right-wing agenda and the alarming policies of the Trump administration and Republican-led Congress.
The last year and a half has been a powerful, at times painful reminder of the responsibility all of us have in staying informed and engaged in the political process. The coming months and year thereafter will be a dynamic time of challenges and opportunities for activists working for change. As a member of Indivisible Santa Barbara, please consider if you or someone you know would like to serve on the ISB Steering Committee.
You may nominate yourself or nominate (with their permission) someone else. You may nominate up to 3 people using a separate ISB Nomination form for each nominee. The Steering Committee will consist of 5-9 officers, including Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, and Members at Large.
Steering Committee members are expected to:
- Serve for a term of one year
- Attend bi-monthly (every-other-month) meetings, as well as those scheduled as needed
- Engage in 10 hours of work per month on behalf of the ISB.
- Be familiar with the National Indivisible Guide
- Abide by ISB’s Bylaws and Code of Conduct (provided upon request)
Responsibilities of the Indivisible Santa Barbara Steering Committee:
- Create annual policy and direction for ISB
- Review ISB activities, deadlines and upcoming events
- Initiate, coordinate and delegate ISB activities as needed
Carry out external and internal communications
- May solicit and accept on behalf of ISB any contribution to support its mission, as long as it conforms to federal, state and local laws
- Approve all expenditures of ISB funds
- Insure all ISB activities are performed properly within local, state, federal laws
Please direct any questions to: IndivisibleSB@gmail.com
Nomination forms should be submitted one of the following ways:
- fill in the website form below;
- print the form (PDF or Word) and send by email to IndivisibleSB@gmail.com (with the subject line “ISB Nomination Form”); or
- print the form (PDF or Word) and send by mail to: Indivisible Santa Barbara, 107 Nopalitos Way, #41138, Santa Barbara, CA 93103.