Welcome to the Indivisible Santa Barbara group. We are part of a national movement inspired by indivisibleguide.com. (También en Español.) Groups exist in every state, and in almost every city. (Not from Santa Barbara? Find your group here.)
In California, we are in a unique position to embolden not only our Members of Congress, but also our California state legislators, who have declared California’s intent to lead the charge against harmful federal policies. Our leaders need to hear our voices: our calls, letters, emails, personal stories, and in-person meetings count. These actions directly strengthen our Elected Representatives in Congress. This group is dedicated to providing the most effective daily and weekly actions possible, and we encourage our members to make them part of their daily routine.
We are growing daily and need YOU to become an organizer, spearhead a committee, make calls, write letters, blog, attend meetings, and more.
- We are an inclusive community.
- We are Indivisible. We do not propose policy, but are united in our pursuit to oppose harmful legislation.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy toward in-fighting. As long as Liberals, Progressives, Democrats, and Moderates engage in a circular firing squad, we give our power to the minority–Extreme Conservatives win.
- We believe that citizens must act where we live, interacting with our own Members of Congress. We strive to take regular action, daily, weekly, monthly.
- We are patriotic Americans.
- We believe in peaceful actions, we do not condone violence.
You may also sign up at Daily Action https://dailyaction.org –separate from Indivisible –for mobile alerts of suggested actions.